Before you can connect Google Analytics, make sure you have access to your Google Analytics account, or follow these steps to set up a new Google Analytics account.
Connecting your analytics requires two steps: 1) Inputing your tracking ID and 2) Connecting your account for Dashboard reporting
Input your Tracking ID
1. Obtain your tracking ID via your current website or by logging into your Google Analytics Account. To find your tracking ID within Google Analytics, login and click on "Home" at the top of your screen. Locate your tracking ID which is the code within the parentheses in the red box below.
Your tracking ID takes the form UA-XXXXX-Y or UA-XXXXX-YY
2. Copy and paste this code into BentoBox Settings > General under the heading Google Analytics.
3. Click Save at the top right of the Setting page.
Connecting your account for Dashboard reporting
1. Within BentoBox Settings > General, click the button "CONNECT ANALYTICS DASHBOARD REPORTING"
2. Follow the prompts to select or sign into your Google account. Make sure you are using the same account that your Google Analytics is under.
3. Click the button to allow BentoBox to access your Google Analytics data
4. You will be redirected back to BentoBox. If you have more than one website (property) within Google Analytics, select the correct one. Otherwise, if the button now says "DISCONNECT ANALYTICS DASHBOARD REPORTING" - your account has been connected properly.
5. Click Save at the top right of the Setting page and now your BentoBox Dashboard will display data about your website visitors