Within BentoBox you can set a redirect in order to display a shorter or modified version of a URL that will then push to the longer version of the URL in the website.
Here you will learn how to create a redirect:
You can set two different types of redirects: Internal and External.
1. Internal redirects are used to shorten URLs from your website, ie. to promote an event on social media or printed collateral.
When you go to this vanity URL https://copenhagenbistros.getbento.com/bar-snack it will take you directly to your destination URL: https://copenhagenbistros.getbento.com/event/check-us-out-at-v-bar/
2. External redirects are used to create vanity URLs that link out from your website to another website.
When you go to this vanity URL https://copenhagenbistros.getbento.com/instagram it will take you directly to your destination URL: https://www.instagram.com/getbento/
To create either type of redirect:
- Settings > Redirect
- Click "Add New"
- You'll see two fields Vanity URL + Destination URL
- Vanity URL: this is the link you want to use
- Destination URL: this is the destination of your new URL