BentoBox uses Google Analytics for website visitor data.
Note: We currently integrate with Google’s Universal Analytics tracking codes, but are working to integrate with the new Google Analytics 4 codes soon.
Follow the steps below to set up a free Google Analytics account. Once the account has been set up, connect your BentoBox website to Google Analytics.
- Visit google.com/analytics, click the Sign in to Google Analytics button (top right), and follow the on-screen instructions to sign into the google account you'd like to be associated with this analytics account OR set up a new google account if you don't have one.
- In the PROPERTY column, select Create new property from the dropdown menu.
If you don't have Edit permission on the account, you won't see the Create new property option. Check that you've selected the correct account in the ACCOUNT column.
- Enter your Property Name - this can be the name of your business
- Select the Country and Time Zone
- Click ‘Show advanced options’
- Toggle on the ‘Create a Universal Analytics property’ option
- Enter your Website URL
- Select ‘Create a Universal Analytics property only’
- Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter your Industry Category
- Select your Business Size
- Check the boxes for how you intend to use Google Analytics.
- Check “Measure customer engagement with my site or app”
- Check “Optimize my advertising cost” if you plan to run Google Ads that link to your website
- Check “Analyze my online sales” if you plan to use BentoBox eCommerce features like catering, merchandise store, or online ordering
- Click ‘Create’
Your property is created after you click this button, but you must also set up the tracking code in BentoBox.