The press kit is a feature included with any BentoBox subscription. You can use the press kit to display images and documents about your business with a password protected URL.
To use the press kit, log into BentoBox and click on ‘Press Kit' in the side navigation.
You’ll see a gear icon to set up your press kit settings:
Press Kit Settings Page
- Logo: This will display at the top of your press kit's landing page.
- Press Email: This is the email address that appears to website visitors on your press kit page, showing them who to contact to obtain a password.
- Intro Text: This is a quick description of what is included in your press kit. (Optional)
- Edit Password: This is where you set a password. It can also be changed here easily, whenever you want.
- URL: This will default to "/press-kit" but, you can also customize this URL.
To log into the press kit page, you will need to type the name of your restaurant followed by this slug. For example: https://www.sensei.com/press-kit.
Adding Press Kit Items
Once your press kit is set up, you can click the 'Add New' button to add content (for example: a company bio, internal files, team photos, food images to be featured on a press article, etc.).
- Name: The name of your content.
- Add a File: You can add either an image or a file. If you add both, the image will default win (Images have to be JPG or PNG. Documents must be PDF).
- Optional Text: This is where you can type in a description of your image or file.
Click the following link to learn how to use the text editor.
- Categories: This is the biggest component to the press kit. In order for the content to be displayed, you will need to add it under a category.
Type the name of your category in the ‘CATEGORIES’ settings in the right-side column. Then, click on the + icon to add it to the list.
Logging in to the Press Kit
When website visitors log into the press kit link, this is how their screen will look: