This page contains instructions for our Events Management add-on. If you are a customer looking for information about the private events form, click here. If you would like to learn more about Events Management, contact your account manager or email email@example.com
To update your Catered Events settings, log in to the BentoBox back end and click on Catered Events in the left hand sidebar under the Guests heading.
Click on the Settings gear from the top right options.
Contract Settings Page
You will land on the Contract Settings page, where you can set global settings for your catering catered events contracts. These settings can also be adjusted manually on each individual contract as well.
You can create a default Catered Event form with the below fields.
- Logo: This is the logo that will appear on your catered event contracts.
- Collect Deposit: Turn on this toggle to set a percentage of the total to collect as a deposit.
- Show & Calculate Tax: Turn on this toggle to set a default tax rate to add to your contracts.
- Show & Calculate gratuity: Turn on this toggle to set a gratuity percentage. You may also choose to apply the sales tax to Gratuity. Rules for this vary based on business operations, location, and other factors.
- Show Cancellation Policy: Turon on this toggle to set a cancellation policy.
- Additional Contract Notes: text entered in this field will appear on your contracts and can include any information not covered in the fields above.
- Contract Introduction Text: text entered in this field will appear at the top of your contracts.
- Contract Terms: enter any special contract terms in this box.
Guest Notification Email
In this section you can set which events in the contract process will trigger an email to customers. These rules apply to all guests, and every guest will receive the emails you have selected to send.
Set a From Name and Email Address to control what sender information customers will see.
You can turn on the toggles to email your guests when a contract has been submitted, to send an event reminder, and/or a Thank You email.
Click on the preview link next to any of the emails notification types to see what each one will look like.
Admin Notification Emails
In this section you can set which events in the contract process will trigger an email to your team. Add as many emails in the Notifications Email Address field, separated by commas, as you would like. Click on the preview link below any of the emails to see what each one will look like.
When you are done editing the settings, click the "Save" button at the top to save your changes and return to the Catered Events section of the backend.