Alternative text, or alt-text, is wording that can be added to images that describes them for visually impaired users employing screen readers to access your site. Including alt-text ensures that your website falls under ADA compliance. Click here for more information on ADA compliance for your restaurant’s website.
It is best practice to include alt-text for every image uploaded to your site. To add alt-text to an image, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to the backend and click on Pages/Nav in the left hand sidebar, then hover over the page that contains the image you’d like to add or update the alt-text for. Click the red edit button that appears.
- Click on the box that contains the image you’d like to add or update the alt-text for.
- Locate the image on the Edit Content page. Hover over it and click the pencil icon that appears.
When you click the pencil button, an alt-text field will appear.
- Enter the desired alt-text for the image.
- Click Save & Close to update the alt-text.