Page titles and descriptions are HTML elements that search engines use to display results to users. Both page titles and page descriptions are important for your site’s SEO, which is why the BentoBox platform automatically creates page titles and descriptions for every page on your site. You don’t need to do a thing to make sure your site is optimized and users can find it on Google and other search engines.
But! Some users may want to tweak a page’s title and description to better optimize for SEO. To do so, follow the steps below. Note that these steps should only be utilized by advanced users with a good understanding of search engine optimization. If you have questions about your site’s SEO, contact support.
- Log in to the BentoBox backend, then click on Pages & Nav in the left hand sidebar.
- On the Pages & Navigation screen, hover over the page on which you’d like to add or edit the custom title and description. Click the red Edit button that appears.
- On the next page, click on the settings button at the top of the page.
- You will land on the Edit Settings dialog for that page. Under the “Page Meta” heading, you can edit the title and description fields.
- When you are done editing the title and description, click “Save & Close” to save your changes.