The hours displayed on external publishers, like Google, are managed through LocalSync Hours. These hours are unique to LocalSync and will not be displayed on your BentoBox website. To set your LocalSync hours, follow the steps below.
- To navigate to your LocalSync hours, click “Content Boxes” then “Locations.”
- Click the edit icon to the right of the location you’d like to set the hours for.
- Scroll down to find the Hours section of your location details. Click the LocalSync Hours tab.
- Click the “+” button to set a timeframe for when your restaurant is open on that day of the week. You can set multiple timeframes by clicking the “+” button again on the same day of the week. For example, if your restaurant is closed for an hour in the middle of the day, you can set one timeframe for 9 AM to 2 PM and a second timeframe for 3 PM to 9 PM.
- You can also remove a timeframe by clicking the “-” button next to the specified timeframe.
- On the right of the screen, there will be a preview of the hours that will be displayed on external platforms like Google
- Click "Save" to finish setting your LocalSync Hours.
After your location details and LocalSync hours are set, you are ready to connect to LocalSync. Click here to learn how to connect your BentoBox locations to Google My Business.
Things to note:
- Ensure that the timeframes you set for the day of the week do not overlap. If they do, an error will prevent you from saving.
- LocalSync hours are NOT set by default. This means that if you do not set hours, your restaurant will appear closed for all days of the week. It is crucial to set your LocalSync hours before you sync to partner platforms so that your hours on platforms like Google do not get overridden.
- If your restaurant is open past midnight, set the hours until 12 AM and set the open hours for the following day to begin at 12 AM. For example - if your restaurant is open until 1AM on Friday nights - set the hours to end at 12 AM on Friday, and set a new timeframe for Saturday the goes from 12 AM to 1 AM. Then you can add a new timeframe for Saturday hours as usual.