Store Locator is a page template that consolidates all the information of your restaurant locations in a list and map view on a single page. It is a valuable page for website guests to navigate, search and choose a customized option of reservations, online ordering or other options set by the restaurant owner.
Adding the page to your website
- Within Pages & Navigation, when you create a new page, the template to select is "Store Locator".
- Within the page template, select "Store Locator Options" to determine the best interface for your store locator page
- The options available to set are explained below:
Enable Search Bar in Store Locator
Enabling this checkbox will display the search bar and information on the Store Locator page on your website.
Enable More Info Button
Enabling this checkbox will display the "More Info" button for each location under Location Boxes. The "More Info" button leads the user to the hours and location information page of an individual location that may pertain more details about that restaurant location. These could include a menu, reservation screen, and forms.
Default Map Position
Adjusting these settings will adjust the map view accordingly. The best recommended view is to be able to see all the map markers of all your locations on the default map view
The initial resolution at which to display the map is set. The higher the value, the more zoomed in the map will be.
Default Latitude / Default Longitude
The default focal point of the map display. The current best method of determining the focal point is:
- On your computer, open Google Maps. If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you’ll see a lightning bolt at the bottom and you won't be able to get the coordinates of a place.
- Right-click the place or area on the map.
- Select What's here?
- At the bottom, you’ll see a card with the coordinates.
- The coordinates are inputted as (Latitude, Longitude)
- Input these coordinates into the latitude and longitude field.
- To make minor adjustments, you can adjust the values manually
- Latitude - Lowering the value moves the point left, increasing the value moves the point right.
- Longitude - Lowering the value moves the point down, increasing the value moves the point up.
- Click Save & Close and make sure to preview on the website to ensure the store locator is to your liking.