Page titles and descriptions are HTML elements that search engines use to display results to users. Both page titles and page descriptions are important for your site’s SEO, which is why the BentoBox platform automatically creates page titles and descriptions for every page on your site. You don’t need to do a thing to make sure your site is optimized and users can find it on Google and other search engines.
But! Some users may want to tweak a page’s title and description to better optimize for SEO. To do so, follow the steps below. Note that these steps should only be utilized by advanced users with a good understanding of search engine optimization. If you have questions about your site’s SEO, contact support.
- Log in to the BentoBox backend, then click on Pages in the left hand sidebar.
- On the Main Navigation screen, hover over the page on which you’d like to add or edit the custom title and description. Click the Edit icon that appears.
- On the next page, the settings will be at the right column of the page.
- You can edit the Page Title and Meta Description fields at the bottom right of the Settings column.
- When you are done editing the title and description, click “Save” to save your changes.