If your business hosts events, you can promote these and share all the details using the Events box in the backend.
- Log in to the BentoBox backend and click on Content Boxes, then select “Events” from the list that appears.
- To add an event, click on the blue “Add New” button at the top right corner of the page.
To edit an existing event post, hover over the post in the list and click the red edit button that appears.
Fill in the fields below on the “Edit Event” dialog that appears.
- Event Name: enter a name for your event.
- Location: If your business has multiple locations, check the Location in the right settings panel that correspond to the event you are editing.
- Description: In the description field, add any text that describes the event. If you have a flyer or other images, you can also add them here. Click here for more information on the WYSIWYG text editor.
- Date and Time: Add a start and end time, if applicable. Note that you can add a start time without an end time if you prefer. Adding an end time automatically hides the event from the event listing page when the event has passed.
- External Link (optional): Add an external link, if applicable. This could link out to an external event page, such as one hosted on a social media site like Facebook, or a ticketing page if one exists. If you add an external link, make sure to scroll down and also enter text in the “External Link Button Label” field. The label could be “More Info,” “Buy Tickets,” or something else to that effect.
- Featured: Check this box if you’d like the event to appear at the top of your site’s event listing page.
- Images: Click the blue “Add” button under “Images” to add an image to your event.
Click the “Save” button. Now if you click the “Visit Website” link at the top of the screen, you will be able to view your changes.
Unpublish an Event
To remove events from your website, you can publish, unpublish, and schedule posts. Note: Click here for detailed instructions on scheduling posts.
Click the visibility toggle at the top right settings column for an event to unpublish; this will prompt an "Unpublished URL" panel where you may choose the following options:
- Leave URL accessible: Website visitors will still be able to view the unpublished page.
- Redirect to an Existing Page: Website visitors will be redirected to a different URL if they visit the page after it is unpublished.
To delete events, log in to the BentoBox backend and click on Content Boxes, then select “Events” from the list that appears. Hover over the event you’d like to delete and click the delete icon that appears, then click “Confirm Delete.” Note that this cannot be undone.
To adjust the order in which events appear on your site, log in to the BentoBox backend and click on Content Boxes, then select “Events” from the list that appears. The order here reflects the order on your site; just drag and drop the names in the list to reorder how they appear on the front end. Posts that are marked “Featured” will appear first on the website.