When users fill out an inquiry form on your site, the inquiry will be saved in the backend under Guests > Inquiries. You can also use the form settings to adjust which email addresses those inquiries are sent to. Follow the steps below to set up how form submissions are routed.
- Log in to the BentoBox back end and click on 'Forms' in the left hand sidebar under the Guests heading.
In the list of inquiry forms that appears, click on the form you’d like to adjust email routing settings for.
- Click the 'Configure Form' gear icon at the top right.
- You will land on the inquiry form settings page, where you can create rules that will determine who receives which emails.
From here you can edit an existing rule or click the gray "Add Rule" button to create a new rule. You can add more than one event to each form.
Event Type: this field will let you choose which type of event will generate an email. The options are:
- Send Notification Email: this will generate an email notification that a user has filled out a form. Use the To: and CC: fields to assign where the email notifications should go. You may want multiple email addresses to receive notifications, such as the general manager, events person, and/or other relevant parties.
- Send Email to Submitter: this will generate an email notification that goes to the person who filled out the form. Helpful so that they have a copy for their records.
- Newsletter Signup: this will sign up the person who filled out the form to the default email marketing list configured in Integrations.
Triggers: You can optionally add a trigger to a rule, which allows granular control of what will generate an email. For example, if a submitter chooses the contact reason “Press,” an email could be sent to your business’s PR firm. Another trigger could then be set up so that if a user chooses the contact reason “General,” an email would be sent to the general manager. Again, triggers are optional, and if no trigger is added, the rule will apply to all submissions.
Once you have set up the desired rule(s), click the "Save" button to save your changes.