Boxes are used in the BentoBox backend to easily organize content. The types of content managed in boxes include:
- Team Members
- News Posts
- Private Event Venues
When updating a content box on your BentoBox website, you can publish and unpublish pages as well as schedule pages or content to appear or come down automatically on a certain date and time.
Scheduling a publish or unpublish date
You can also schedule when content in boxes will be displayed and removed so that seasonal menus or holiday promotions will automatically appear or be removed when the time is right. You can set both a publish and an unpublish date for any given page, so a Super Bowl menu could go up in mid-January and come down the Friday before the game.
These steps can apply to any piece of content managed in the boxes section of the backend for Plus Plan users and higher.
- Open the page you’d like to display or remove in the BentoBox backend.
- Click on the gear icon in the red band at the top of the Edit page to show the settings panel.
- To schedule a publish date, click the red “Set a Publish Date” button. Choose the date and time that you want the page or content to appear on your website.
- To schedule an unpublish date, click the red “Set an Unpublish Date” button. Choose the date and time that you want the page to be taken down. You don’t need to set both an unpublish or publish date, you can just include one or the other.
- Click “Save & Close” at the top right corner of the screen to update the page’s scheduling.