If you’ve enabled your restaurant website to issue digital gift cards, you also have the option to send promotional gift cards. These gift cards, issued via BentoBox, can be sent directly from the platform to customers.
For example: If a restaurant forgot a miso soup in a take-out order, rather than giving the customer a $5 refund, the restaurant could send a $10 promotional gift card to the guest via email.
How to send a promotional gift card
In your back end, click on Settings and then Gift Cards from the navigation that appears. Scroll down to bottom of the page, and click the “Send Promo Gift Card” button.
- Amount: This is the amount of money that you'll issue to your guest. It will appear in your Order Page as 0 dollars since no transaction was completed.
- Recipient Name: This is the name of the guest who should receive the promotional gift card
- Recipient Email: This is who will receive the promotional gift card
- Send on Date: Within BentoBox, you can schedule this promotional gift card to send on a specific date.
- Your Name: This is the name that the customer will see when they receive their digital gift card. Our suggestion is to use your restaurant name.
- Your Email: This is what the customer will see when they receive their digital gift card. Our suggestion is to use a generic restaurant email like an info@, in case they have questions.
- Message (Optional): This is an open text box where you can add any special notes.
Complete all of the fields to issue the promotional gift card. Click "Send."