The BentoBox platform makes it easy to replace the hero image with a hero video, which can be a striking and engaging way to draw visitors in. You can use any video from Youtube or Vimeo by following the steps below. Note that videos will play without sound.
- Log in to the backend and click on Pages in the left hand sidebar.
- Hover over the homepage and click the edit icon that appears.
- On the Edit page, click on the box labeled “Hero Content” or “Landing Content.”
- On the “Edit Landing Content” page, click on the “Hero Type” dropdown and choose Youtube or Vimeo, depending on which service hosts the video you want to use.
- If you select Youtube, paste the Youtube video’s ID in the “Youtube Video Id”field. To get the video’s ID, just copy the 11-character portion of the video’s URL following the “watch?v=”. Note that your video will play without sound.
- If you select Vimeo, paste the Vimeo video’s ID in the “Youtube Video Id” field. To get the video’s ID, just copy the 9-digit number at the end of the video’s URL. Note that your video will play without sound.
Click here for more information on editing hero sections.
Duration: Recommended 30 secs max
Accepted Formats: Formats accepted by Vimeo & Youtube are: MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPEGPS, WebM
Hero Videos are not supported to autoplay on mobile devices. This is intentionally done by most operating systems for several reasons:
- To prevent unsolicited cellular downloads
- To protect user’s bandwidth & data plans