Autopilot is an advanced feature that involves a point of sale (POS) system integration with Bento Ordering. This setting automates the manual process of accepting and marking orders as ready so that your team can spend less time updating orders and more time making them.
What Autopilot does:
- Marks “New” orders as “In Progress” once the order reaches the designated prep time. Ex. When Prep Time is set to 30 minutes, an order for 5pm is auto-accepted at 4:30PM.
- Marks an “In Progress” order as “Done” once the current time equals the fulfillment time.
- Updates your customers automatically as the status changes for their orders.
- Disables new order alerts on the Live Orders screen from BentoBox.
What Autopilot does NOT do:
- Recognize when an order is truly being prepared or finished; these triggers operate off Prep Time, so it is up to FOH staff and the kitchen to make sure Prep Time reflects current pacing.
- Adjust automatically when you are running behind for current orders.
- Have a bi-directional sync with your POS system that allows information to be sent from your POS into Bento Ordering; it is a one-way sync from us to your POS.
How to turn on/off Autopilot
Even with Autopilot enabled, you will still need a device to access the backend of BentoBox to adjust your Prep Time, to cancel orders, to issue refunds, and to adjust other settings. You can use any device that has access to a web browser to accomplish this.
Note: autopilot must be enabled per location.
To activate Autopilot, follow the steps below:
Log into BentoBox and go to Online Ordering > MANAGE MENUS > Locations > Click Edit. Then, toggle “Autopilot” to ON and click “Save” to apply your changes.