Notifications are alerts that get sent to your staff. You can create notification groups and select different emails depending on the notification type (store closure reminder, unaccepted orders, etc.).
You can access and edit your notifications by logging into BentoBox and going to Online Ordering > SETTINGS > Notifications.
Notifications for Bento Ordering serve as a last-minute reminder to ensure no order goes unnoticed.
Unlike the regular eCommerce store, you will not by default receive a new order email notification if you do not select any of these emails.
Notifications are set per location and there are two different sections within notification settings.
- Unaccepted order alerts
- Notification groups
Unaccepted Order Alerts
Think of this as a final reminder in case someone has missed an order that might require their attention. If you have Autopilot on, it will never be an issue. Because you’re always going to accept your orders once they enter the prep time.
Note: If you choose to manually accept orders, there are visual and audio alerts that will trigger from a web browser to make sure you see incoming orders; you just need to have Bento Ordering open on your screen from a device. These alerts are added measures in addition to the “unaccepted order” email notification.
Receive Alerts: Turn on the alerts toggle to be notified of any unaccepted order once the order passes into its prep time (see above).
Emails: You may include more than one email in this field by separating it with a comma.
Minutes before Order is Due: Set the number minutes before an order is due at which you would like to receive this last-minute reminder.
With this option, you can designate a set of people for a location to decide if they want to opt into email notifications based on different actions.
Notification Group Name: An example would be a group of notifications that will only be sent to ‘managers’ and another group for ‘staff’.
Send Alerts to: Add the email(s) of the designated group in this field, separated by commas.
Store Notification Emails: Will alert the group of a scheduled store closure and/or if the store has opened or closed.
- Scheduled Store Closure Reminder: will remind the group on that location of a scheduled holiday coming up the night before in case they want to take action.
- Store/Open Closed Alert: will only be triggered when the store has been manually turned off or on.
Order Notification Emails: Choose the options you’d like the group to be notified via email.
- New Order: Alert the group when a new order has been placed.
- Cancelled Order: Alert the group of a cancelled order.
- Refunded Order: Alert the group when a refund has been made.
- Overdue Orders: This will check if there are new overdue orders every minute and will send alerts as new orders become overdue. For example, if you have 3 new orders that become overdue at the same time, it will send 1 email to alert the group so that they can go to Live Orders and mark them as accepted; it won’t send the same alert every minute.
- New Sold Out Items: Alert the group when an item(s) is sold out.