BentoBox’s digital gift cards are now redeemable during online ordering checkout! This exciting update to our online ordering and gift card features enables you to:
- Simplify your guest experience into one that creates brand loyalty and grows revenue overnight.
- Streamline guest touch points from gift card purchase, to recipient delivery and redemption online..
- Reduce liability for your restaurant–allowing you to convert outstanding gift card balances into secure online revenue faster.
- Alleviate stress and confusion on your team, saving them time from being on the phone and handling tedious on-premise redemption tasks.
How It Works
- During online ordering checkout, guests will see a new option to “Add a Gift Card” to their order total.
- Once the guest clicks on this, they will see a pop-up modal prompting them to enter the redemption code. This pop-up will indicate that guests can only enter DIGITAL gift card codes.
- Digital gift card codes will now be 16-digits but any previous 9-digit codes will also be valid during checkout.
- Guests will be required to enter a valid email address when applying a gift card code during checkout.
- The balance on the card will be applied to the order total during checkout.
If an order was placed with a gift card, you and your team will be able to see how much was applied toward the order and can easily refund the diner, distributing the correct amounts back to the gift card and other payment types.
Can diners redeem their physical gift cards online?
No, they will only be able to redeem their digital gift cards with Online Ordering. Physical gift cards will continue to be handled by the restaurant and redeemed in store.
Can diners redeem digital gift cards purchased a year+ ago?
Yes! They can redeem any digital gift card ever purchased via a BentoBox experience, as long as there is still a balance.
Do gift cards apply to the sales tax, fees and tip, or just the order total pre-tax?
Gift cards apply to the entire order total, including sales tax, fees and tip. If a gift card balance covers the entire order total, no payment is required.
Can diners apply multiple gift cards during checkout?
No - at this time, a diner will only be able to apply one digital gift card at a time.
Will diners be able to redeem gift cards for catering & merch orders?
Not with this initial launch - we will add this capability at a later date.
How can diners see their remaining digital gift card balance?
Diners will see their total gift card amount upon receiving the gift card email. Diners will see an updated balance during checkout after applying their gift card as well as on the order confirmation page after placing an order. Additionally, diners will also receive an email with their current balance after every redemption.
I don’t sell gift cards through BentoBox yet. How do I add this to my website?